The traditional process for giving money to charity can leave people feeling skeptical, but when it comes to donating to charities for climate change, applying a “fund management” approach can be the solution that makes a difference.
In this episode, Jack Chellman, the head of strategy and communications at the Global Returns Project, joins Kimberly Griego-Kiel to talk about the company’s Global Returns Portfolio. Jack explains how this portfolio works as a diverse, effective, and scalable not-for-profit tool designed to regenerate the planet and protect the environment.
- Types of charitable giving
- Ways the Global Returns Project works to support climate change with not-for-profit organizations to curate investments (not for financial return)
- The 3 UN Sustainable Development Goals this organization targets
- Ways individual investors can get involved and the role of taxes when it comes to charitable giving
- The difference between donating stocks and cash
- And more!
- Ep 59 – Empowering & Educating Girls for a Stronger Community With Priscilla Plummer
- Charity Navigator
Connect with Jack Chellman:
To contribute, please click here:
- Organization Name: The Global Returns Project Limited
- Charity Number: 1186683
Connect with Kimberly Griego-Kiel:
- (505) 982-9661
- Horizons Sustainable Financial Services
- Twitter: @HorizonsSustFin
- Facebook: Horizons Sustainable Financial Services
About Our Guest:
With a background in journalism and social advocacy, Jack Chellman transitioned to environmental work out of concern for issues of intersectional climate justice. A Marshall Scholar, Jack holds an MPhil in Political Thought and Intellectual History from the University of Cambridge. He also earned an MSc with distinction in Media, Power, and Public Affairs from Royal Holloway, University of London.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More