Have you ever dreamed about changing careers and moving across the world?
Priscilla Plummer, the founder of Global Sojourns Giving Circle (GSGC), made that dream her reality in 1990 when she moved across the world and traveled throughout the African continent. Using her travel experience and passion for philanthropy, she works to create an effective impact on Western and African female communities.
In this week’s episode, Priscilla joins Kimberly Griego-Kiel to detail her journey from working for a magazine to founding and running Global Sojourns Giving Circle, a successful non-profit organization. Priscilla highlights GSGC’s mission and ways they focus on sustainably supporting girls around education and empowerment.
Kimberly and Priscilla discuss:
- Priscilla’s journey to South Africa and how she built Global Sojourns Giving Circle
- The organization’s female-focused approach
- The importance of learning and understanding cultural differences when working alongside GSGC
- How deep and impactful change starts with women but must be continued by men
- And more!
Connect with Priscilla Plummer
Connect with Kimberly Griego-Kiel
- (505) 982-9661
- Horizons Sustainable Financial Services
- Twitter: @HorizonsSustFin
- Facebook: Horizons Sustainable Financial Services
About our Guest:
Board Member USA & Southern Africa, Priscilla Plummer is the founder of Global Sojourns Giving Circle (GSGC). Priscilla followed her passion to Africa more than 30 years ago, and nothing makes her happier than to connect travelers with her favorite people and places. Her MS in International Development underlies our deep commitment to culturally sensitive travel and philanthropic work.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More